EDWARD B. KESSEL
Award winning Composer/Producer, Edward B. Kessel, founded Sound Imagination in 1986. Ed has composed, arranged and produced Top 40 Songs, Music for Broadway, Orchestral and Chamber Music, Film Scores, TV Soundtracks, Jingles and Commercial Scores. His credits include projects for Tony Bennett, Billy Gilman, A Tale Of Two Cities (Broadway), the 2004 Olympics, SeaWorld, AT&T, Macy's, Six Flags and Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Drama Desk Award Nominee for Outstanding Orchestrations: “A Tale Of Two Cities” on Broadway. Premiered august, 2008.
- Composed & Produced the Score & Sound Design for Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest show: “The Illusionarium”.
- 2011 NJ Advertising Club Winner: 1st place Best Jingle and Best Overall in Radio awards.
- 2012 NJ Advertising Club Winner: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place Best Jingle awards.
- Composed & Produced 8 songs for the movie “Standing Ovation”. Executive Producers: James Brolin/Barbara Streisand.
- Producer/Orchestrator/Music Producer: PBS Television, International Concert of A Tale Of Two Cities.
- Composed the Top 40 Single “Southern Star” for multi- platinum selling country music star, Billy Gilman.
- Composed Top 20 (GAC Music Television) single “Hey Little Susie” for Billy Gilman.
- Arranged & Produced the title track, “Believe” for the Shamu show at SeaWorld in Florida & San Diego.
- Co-Director of KidzAmerica on the Grammy-nominated Columbia Records CD featuring Tony Bennett, Rosie O'Donnell, Kermit The Frog and Elmo.
- Composed and produced the score for the feature film, “Some Fish Can Fly,” - released in theaters November 1999.
- Composed the soundtrack to a National Geographic TV special entitled “Crows,” which aired on national TV.
- Edward appeared on the nationally televised show, Preview, for his work on the soundtrack of the movie, Passing Thru Linden, Francis Ford Coppola, Executive Producer.
Edward has also composed various pieces for orchestra and chamber music ensembles. His composition, “Voices Of Art,” a symphonic work for orchestra, was premiered by The New Philharmonic of New Jersey in 1995. The piece received the highest critical acclaim and was recorded on CD. Mr. Kessel composed a dramatic character piece for the United States National Holocaust Memorial Museum's Ceremonies of Remembrances and Dedications in honor of Eli Weisel, Steven Spielberg and Isaac Stern, for their efforts on behalf of Holocaust survivors and victims. In 1998, Edward received a fellowship from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State. In addition to his composition and production career, Mr. Kessel has performed as a freelance trumpeter in studios and ensembles such as The New Philharmonic of New Jersey. From Carnegie Hall to the Vatican in Rome, Ed’s playing has been heard around the world.
SOME OF THE MORE PROMINENT ARTISTS
that have been produced by or have recorded
songs written by Sandy Linzer include:
P. Diddy and Busta Rhymes, Baha Men, N-Sync, Backstreet Boys,Whitney Houston, Smash Mouth, Billy Gilman Lorrie Morgan, Blackstreet, Kool & The Gang, Case, Joe Pesci, Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Four Tops, Olivia Newton-John, Barry Manilow, Michael Bolton, Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, The Spinners, Sarah Vaughn, Looking Glass, Miguel Bosse, Tony Orlando & Dawn, The Monkees, Soupy Sales, Theloneus Monk, Jr., Glen Campbell, Samantha Sang, Grayson Hugh, The Toys, Eric Carmen, Saraya, Jay & The Techniques, Juice Newton, Ronnie Milsap, Dee Dee Sharp, Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr., Phyllis Hyman and Cory Daye.
Sandy Linzer has had many of his songs featured in motion pictures:
- "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby," recorded by Smash Mouth, was featured in the motion picture "Can't Hardly Wait."
- "I Believe In You And Me" is certified quadruple platinum, and was the first single released from "The Preacher's Wife" soundtrack album which is Whitney Houston's fourth largest selling single ever. The album has sold over 6 million copies worldwide.
- "Native New Yorker" is featured in the motion picture and soundtrack album of "54".
- "A Lover's Concerto," his classic number one hit song was featured in the 1996 hit movie "Mr. Holland's Opus."
- "Workin' My Way Back To You" appeared in the motion picture "Donnie Brasco" with Al Pacino and Johnny Depp, and several new Linzer compositions are being considered for films now in production.
He has composed music for various television projects including "The Soupy Sales Show," "Captain Kangaroo," "The Monkees" and "Fame."
Recently, Sandy was awarded platinum albums by Interscope Records for his song "The Good Life" recorded by Blackstreet.; by Arista for "I Believe in You And Me" recorded by Whitney Houston by Jive Records for "Spanish Eyes," recorded by The Backstreet Boys and "I Don't Want To Spend Another Christmas Without You" recorded by N-SYNC and "Pass the Courvosier Part 2" by P. Diddy and Busta Rhymes.
SANDY LINZER'S CHART-TOPPING CREDITS:
Currently, Sandy has four songs in the hottest show on Broadway, "THE JERSEY BOYS" and is releasing a second Billy Gilman album on Image Entertainment.
- Sandy Linzer's songs, "Dawn (Go Away),""Fresh, " and "I Believe In You and Me" have reached BMI "Million Performance" status.
- "Let's Hang On(To What We Got)"has reached the two million performance status.
- "Workin' My Way Back To You" and "A Lover's Concerto" have reached "Three Million Performance" status.
- The album by Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band, a Sandy Linzer production, featuring the hit song "Cherchez La Femme," was NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY in 1975.
- The video of "Pass the Courvosier Part 2," featuring P. Diddy and Busta Rhymes,was nominated for Hip-Hop Video of the year , 2002.
- Five of Mr. Linzer's songs have reached the number one chart position in the United States.
- Eight of his songs have been number one hits in the United Kingdom. He has had number one records in almost every country in the world.
SOME OF SANDY'S MORE NOTABLE HITS INCLUDE:
Pass the Courvosier Part 2
I Believe In You And Me
Workin' My Way Back To You
Dawn (Go Away)
Can't Get Enough of You Baby
Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
Opus #17 (Don't You Worry ‘Bout Me)
A Lover's Concerto
More To Love (Than Making Love)
Native New Yorker
Bon Bon Vie (Gimme The Good Life)
Keep The Ball Rollin'
The Mouse(made famous by Soupy Sales)
Let's Hang On (To What We Got)
Can't We Talk It Over In Bed|
Cherchez La Femme
Use It Up And Wear It Out
Breakin' Down The Walls Of Heartache
Wiggle And A Giggle
Lookin' For A Way Out
You Keep me Dancin'
You Can Do Magic
Ben joined the Sound Imagination team in 2009.
He got his start as an Audio Engineer with Sony/BMG-owned Battery Studios in Manhattan, working on sessions for artists including Jermaine Dupri, Kanye West and Chris Brown. He was the Assistant Engineer on sessions for Fat Joe, Syleena Johnson, producer Trina Shoemaker (Sheryl Crow, Queens of the Stone Age), and others. Ben went on to be an Engineer and assistant to Ben Elliott (Keith Richards, Eric Clapton) at Showplace Studios in Dover, NJ. He worked on an eclectic mix of projects, including experimental rock, jazz, blues, big band, folk and gospel sessions. Highlights of his time at Showplace include working with Ben E. King on a full-length album, and assisting legendary producer Rob Fraboni (Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones) on several projects. Ben has produced commercials and Voice Overs for many of our most prestigious clients including: Weitz & Luxenberg, Healthy Curb/NT Factor, Novo Nordisk, Abbott, DCH Auto Group, Autoland and many others.
In 2012 Ben wrote, recorded and produced a 60 second hip hop song for Hillside Honda that earned a 1st Place trophy at the NJ Ad Club Awards in the “60 Second Radio Commercial” category.
Ben was instrumental in creating the video production department at Sound Imagination and has used his talents, shooting, editing and directing hundreds of TV commercials and video projects. This includes clients such as DDB International, for whom he created a sizzle video promoting their newest Clean & Clear creative to Johnson & Johnson’s global agencies. He also created a 3 minute animation/motion graphics piece promoting UK-based Zubito, LLC.
Ben’s video work has also earned two Telly Awards for 30 second TV spots.
Chris is a video producer who never puts down the camera or looks away from the computer and is one of the newest additions to Sound Imagination's video production team.
Chris has been producing videos for several years, finding his big start on the set of the PBS production, "Super Kids and Dad." He later became the main editor, before graduating high school. The production later went onto film festivals and has won several awards.
Chris spent several years freelancing thoughout Philadelphia, producing corporate videos for companies such as McGraw-Hill, event videos for music festivals, music videos for artists of the underground Philly/South Jersey music scene, and acted as Director of Photography for short films.
Chris began to work for Liquid Lightning Energy drink as an in-house video producer. He produced commercials and other projects with X-Factor contestant David Corey, San Diego Chargers defenseman, Antonio Garay, Real Housewive of NJ, Kathy Wakile and others. Some of his freelance work while at Liquid Lightning include producing documentaries for legal disputes, for Salny, Redbord, and Rinaldi Law Firm and promotional videos for the National Cancer Society and Budweiser. Chris also acted as Director of Photography for several short films, which are being featured in film festivals, and a comedy web series.
Chris then left to join Sound Imagination as an audio/video producer, producing television and radio commercials, editing live shows and product pitches. Projects Chris has worked on for Sound Imagination include, directing and producing television commercials for Weitz & Luxenberg and Ramsey Mazda, editing Miranda Sings' Live Performance at Birdland Theater and many more.
Zach joined the Sound Imagination audio team in 2013.
Most recently, he worked on the sound design for Norwegian Cruise Line’s Illusionarium, a groundbreaking magic show which features a thirty foot dome display that brings life to the theatre with earth-rattling sound and breathtaking visuals. He has recorded and produced commercials for many advertisers including STS Tire & Auto Centers, Planet Honda, and RamseyCars.com. Zach has also edited and mixed narration projects for prominent companies such as, Novo Nordisk, Procter & Gamble, and AbbVie.
Beyond Zach’s passion for recording and production, he’s also a trained guitarist and songwriter. Zach has an expansive background in music, being inspired from a young age by his father Fred, an accomplished Broadway actor and concert vocalist. He has been playing guitar and writing music since he was 12, and has always wanted to work behind-the-scenes.
Zach is a graduate of Full Sail University where he got his Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Recording Arts.
Marc has been part of the Sound Imagination writing team since 1988.
Based in New York City, Marc not only works regularly as a session drummer and singer, but is an accomplished songwriter and producer as well. His song "The Rain Came Down" (co-written w/ Elliot Weiss) appears on one of Japan's best-selling recording artists, Miho Nakayama's CD, which went to #4 on the Japanese Billboard Chart. Another song of Marc's appears on an album by EMI/Latin recording artist, Jailene. Two other songs of Marc's were recently covered by two new rock bands from the UK, and are making waves on the British and Japanese charts. In addition, Marc wrote, produced, and performed two songs which appear in the Troma Productions' full length movie, "The Toxic Avenger". Many of Marc's songs have been featured on national daytime soap operas for CBS and NBC.
Marc also writes and produces jingles, as well as composing for film. Marc and Sound Imagination composer, Ed Kessel, composed the music for two full-length motion pictures entitled "Natural Forces", and "Some Fish Can Fly", the latter of which received critical acclaim in NYC. More recently Marc and Ed have scored demo's for GRB Entertainment for "TAC 1", and "The Worlds Most Dangerous Police Raids".
Recently, Marc has teamed up with Pop Singer/Songwriter Keyboardist Lauren Gibbs. Together they have been making their mark on the internet with the success of their pop gem entitled "Believe" (available on Lauren's MP3.com page). "Believe" has been a featured Pop/Rock song dozens of times on MP3.com, hit #1 on Soundclick.com, #1 on AMP3.com, #2 on Musicmatch.com, and has remained in the Top 10 Most Popular Downloads on Musicmatch.com for over one year. "Believe" has been featured extensively on Sweden-based Popwire.com, and was a "Pick Hit of the Day" on AMP3.com. "Believe" has also been picked up by retailers in MP3.com's Business Music Service Program, and receives in excess of 20,000 plays per month in retail establishments such as Rubio's Tex/Mex restaurants, Petco Pet Stores, the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport, and others.
Most recently Marc scored some music for VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live" concert series. He has also been writing with Gioia Bruno of the the very popular Girl Group, Expose Marc performs regularly as a drummer/singer in the NYC metro area.
He also volunteers his time to NYC non-profit organization Musicians On Call in which he does 'in-room' performances for patients at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
National Sales & Marketing Director
Rick Kessel is an experienced media sales & marketing professional and has launched numerous publications, digital media platforms, mobile, and e-marketing in the education, B-to-B, musical instrument and consumer markets. Skilled in new launches, strategic positioning, business & marketing communications, trade shows, and P&L management. Additionally, he is a founding member of the Jazz Education Network and helped launch the organization & conference and currently serves as the treasurer on the board of directors.
Rick joined the Sound Imagination team in 2014 and has helped to develop new sales efforts with clients from Fortune 500 to independent, privately held businesses, and has incorporated e-marketing, social media, content management, and other marketing tools to generate new accounts.
For details about contacting Sound Imagination please send an e-mail to Ed@sound-imagination.com
"Sound Imagination" is a registered trademarks of Sound Imagination, Inc.
All material on this website is protected under copyright by Sound Imagination, Inc., Springfield, NJ, and may not be broadcast or duplicated without our prior written consent.