To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin
- Grammy nominated CD "The Playground" with Tony Bennett
Sound Imagination composer/producer Ed Kessel co-directed KidzAmerica, a professional children's singing group, who performed two selections with Mr. Bennett. The album which also features Rosie O'Donnell, Kermit the Frog and Elmo is a hit with kids everywhere.
Sample "Put on a Happy Face"
- In 2000, Ed Kessel had the honor of working with Tony Bennett at the opening ceremonies of the US Open Tennis Tournament. Ed and KidzAmerica director Manfred Knoop wrote a special vocal arrangement of "America The Beautiful" for Tony Bennett and KidzAmerica that wowed the crowd and started off the event with a bang! The event was broadcast on national TV.
- The duo also directed KidzAmerica on VH1's "Save The Music," and "The Rosie O'Donnell Show".
- Ed composed the score for the Macy's and Bullock's Paddington Bear national television campaign. It was such a hit with Macy's that it opened the door to many other children's commercials, including a national spot for Babar!
- In 2003, KidzAmerica, under the direction of Ed and Manfred, once again performed at the opening ceremonies of the US Open Tennis Tournament this time with "Star Search" winner Tiffany Evans.
- Ed and Partner, Manfred Knoop wrote the lyrics and music to a children's book by Nancy Sellin entitled, "The Laughing Ground" narrated by Stacy Keach and featuring KidzAmerica.
Ed Kessel is in his element when working on children's projects. Still a kid at heart, he easily taps into his whimsical imagination and youthful spirit. He began dabbling in children's music when his niece Sarah was born. He wrote her a lullaby entitled, "Carnival Dreamland." This led to many other children's projects including a children's ballet, "The Toy Shop" which was premiered by the New Philharmonic of New Jersey in 1994. Ed proudly dedicated "The Toy Shop" to his two nephews, Sammy and Nathan.
For details about contacting Sound Imagination please send an e-mail to Ed@sound-imagination.com
"Sound Imagination" is a registered trademarks of Sound Imagination, Inc.
All material on this website is protected under copyright by Sound Imagination, Inc., Springfield, NJ, and may not be broadcast or duplicated without our prior written consent.